Monday, August 11, 2008

Peek-a-boo

Here are two cute and easy ways to add texture and a fun surprise element to your cards. Both examples use the new Perfect Day paper pack, colors are Juniper, Sorbet, Cocoa, and Tulip. In this first example, I not only added the "peek-a-boo" feature, but I tore it to add more texture and interest. The stems of the flower are scraps of paper...save all your scraps!! You never know when they'll come in handy.



In this second example, I simply rolled down the corner of the card. Again, this gives it texture and a fun surprise element...yet it's SO easy! To give the corner some color and tie it into the rest of the card I glued a small piece of the juniper green cardstock...another scrap! To give the card some more texture I rubbed a cocoa stamp pad on the edges, which gave it a vintage look that goes great with this paper!

Stamp set: Inspriation
Paper: Perfect Day

No comments: