Thursday, February 26, 2009

3" x 3" card for my card swap

Every month my Close to my Heart team has a meeting. Each meeting we have the option to participate in a card swap. We make 10 of the same card, then everyone who participates swaps and takes home 10 different cards. It's a great way to get new ideas using the CTMH produts!

This is the card I made for my card swap this past week. It's a 3" x 3" card using the "stamp kissing" technique...only I did the technique backward. I first inked the flower (from the new Aspiration stamp set) in tulip ink. Then I "second generation" stamped it (stamped it on scratch paper to mute the color). Then I inked a background stamp from the new "intrinsic backgrounds" stamp set, also in tulip. I stamped the flower, already muted, onto the inked background stamp (kissing the stamps), so it stamped the flower background pattern onto the flower stamp. Then I stamped the flower onto my paper, thus giving the look you see in my card...



Inks used: Tulip and Juniper
Paper: Tulip and Colonial white cardstock
Tools: edge distresser
Stamp Sets: Aspiration and Intrinsic Backgrounds

No comments: