Friday, April 24, 2009

Mother's Day Card, Birthday Card, Techniques, and more!

I have a couple cards to show you today...I've been busy! This first card is the Mother's Day card we're making at JoDawn's party tonight. It's general enough that it doesn't have to be for mother's day, but definitely works...and the colors are perfect for the occasion! There are a few techniques used here: cluster stamping (put several smaller stamps on one acrylic block); embossing (the sorbet flower); and rock 'n roll stamping (see tutorial below).


I used several different stamp sets for the words, and the branch and flowers are from aspiration. The matching paper is from the Unforgettable paper pack.

If you wanted a stamp set with all the love words you would need, Priceless Love (D1348) is a perfect one. Your focal point could be one of the larger stamps, use the star and heart as images, and there are several great words to add as well.

There's a great video using this stamp set and these techniques on my CTMH website.


To Rock 'n Roll stamp:
  1. Choose 2 ink colors to use.
  2. Stamp your image in the lighter color
  3. lightly stamp the edges of the same image in the second color.
  4. Stamp onto your paper...viola! You have a duo-tone stamped image!

This next card is a bright and cheery summery card! It uses the stamps from the Tickled Pink special going on now. (Read my previous post to see how you can get it for free.) I random-stamped the background, added some cardstock and a stamped focal image, some brads, and you're done!


Colors used: Watermelon, Sunflower, Ocean, Citrus Leaf

The "happy birthday" stamp is from the Happy Birthday stamp set (C1257). This set sure comes in handy. I didn't think I'd ever need so many birthday stamps...but I think I've used just about all of them for different projects!

No comments: