Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wedding Card

I love the simplicity of this card. I got the idea and dimensions for the cake from Wishes, on page 66. The cake tiers are just pieces of paper with the corners rounded with the corner rounder punch. I "iced" the cake with liquid glass and sprinkled glitter on it. The rounded theme is continued on the bottom edge of the card...I created the scallops by taking the guard off the corner rounder punch and punching it along the edge (quick tutorial below).

Cake tier dimensions: 1.5" x 2.5", 1" x 2", 3/4" x 1.5"

Paper: Emporium
Stamp Set: Love Always
Colors: Sweet Leaf, Twilight, Crystal Blue, Cocoa
Supplies: Liquid Glass, Prisma Glitter, Corner Rounder punch, Wishes

TUTORIAL: SCALLOPED EDGE USING CORNER ROUNDER PUNCH

1. Take the guard off your punch.


2. Turn the punch upside down so you can see where you're punching.

3. Line up the punch so the end of the scallop is just off the paper; make your first punch.

4. Using the edge of the paper as your guide, punch along the edge of the paper, barely overlapping the end of each previous punch.

(Sorry my close-up picture is kind of blurry!)

1 comment:

Leslie - The Addicted One said...

Jayma, I'm a new follower and I LOVE your wedding cake idea. Great job. Looking forward to your inspirations!
Leslie