Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random Stamping: How to make your own designer paper

Isn't this paper cute? Do you believe it's just plain white cardstock that I've stamped?! I love how versatile stamps are...I can make my own paper in whatever images and whatever colors I want. I used just one stamp set and 4 colors of ink to make this paper. The best part about using Close to my Heart's stamps is that they're made of acrylic, which means you can see through them, and see exactly where you're stamping! I've found that the best way to get a random look is to stamp your images in triangles and be sure to stamp off the page.

Supplies used:

Delight in Everything MyAcrylix stamp set
3" x 3" acrylic block
1" x 1" acrylic block
Cranberry stamp pad
Buttercup stamp pad
Olive stamp pad
Breeze stamp pad (retired - Crystal Blue is a close substitute)

For a full tutorial on how to random stamp, host a party! Contact me at jaymalew[at]gmail.com.

1 comment:

Kristin Kottwitz said...

Awesome paper! I wish I was better at making my own pattern paper! I wish you lived closer so you could teach me.