Saturday, December 19, 2009

Child's Accordian Name Decor

I don't really know what to call this...other than CUTE! :) It's for Chris's cousin's daughter, who is 2-1/2. My original idea was to do an alphabet board book, but I couldn't find stamps to go with every letter and didn't want to make 26 of them! But Elizabeth's name is long, so it seems like it's still a lot of the alphabet.

I used coasters and covered the fronts and backs with this colorful paper. All stamps are from Close to my Heart. Click any image to see it larger.

I had a hard time coming up with "I" but with lots of help from my Close to my Heart friends, I ended up with some great-looking icicles. I used the "Around the Block" stamp set (Nov stamp of the month) and the carrot from "All Decked Out" to create icicles. I stamped the carrot at different lengths, then used a white gel pen to color over the horizontal lines. Then covered in liquid glass and sprinkled with a tiny bit of silver and aqua glitter, and covered the rest in prisma glitter. I cut out the roof stamp and paper pieced it over the tops of the icicles so they'd be flush with the roofline.
Here is the back...

Stamp sets used: Life's a Jungle, Treetops, Bird Basics, Around the Block, Easter Eggs, Rustic Alphabet, Sans Alphabet

2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Wow - such a cute book. And I really like how you stamped the 'bird' background for the 'B' page - that is just really cute.

Meli la gringa said...

SOOOOOOO cute!