Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Card and Tag Box Gift

I made this ensemble as a gift for my aunt. She loves using my handmade cards to give to her friends, and especially sends a lot of thank-yous.
The box is a pencil box that came plain white from Michael's. I dressed it up with bright and colorful paper. My aunt loves bright colors (she's definitely a Floridian) and also likes Asian stuff...I thought this paper had a bit of an Asian flair. The paper pad is from Michael's and is K & Company.
The white sparkly paper is also from Michael's, and came as a cardstock pack with sparkly earthtones...very pretty. The flower is from the With Love stamp set (stamped in CTMH Citrus Leaf ink) and the alphabet is Playful Caps-retired (Stamped in CTMH Bubble Gum ink).
Here are all the goodies inside the box...
Close-ups of all the cards...
The girl is from Be Yourself, previously a stamp of the month (stamped in CTMH Topiary ink). The Flower is from Cottage Floral. The Thank you stamps in the following cards are from the Thank You stamp set (a must-have if you make many thank you cards...it also comes in Spanish and French).
These flowers, again, are from the With Love stamp set...one of my favorites...I use it all the time!
I got these gigantic paper clips at Staples. You could use it as a bookmark or if you have a giant stack of paper to keep together...anyone have other ideas? For this and the following tags I just punched pretty paper with a 2" scallop punch and 1-3/4" circle punch, then adhered together. I didn't have any super strong glue (I wanted to use E6000), so I adhered the scallop to the paperclip by putting another scallop on the other side and attaching the 2 together with 3D foam dots. I think the E6000 would be a better solution, but this worked.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Great stuff! I have that paper pack and I love it!

Carla said...

What a fabulous gift ensemble!! WOW!

Creativecarol.myctmh.com said...

those are really cute! she will love them!