Friday, December 4, 2009

Glitter 'n Tape Christmas Card

I can't tell you how excited I am to have good pictures of my artwork now! I had lost my camera for MONTHS, and was using my iphone to take pictures. It takes a decent general photo, but is not good for detail. But I found my camera!!! It was in a duffle bag I took on vacation over the summer, all alone. So now I have great photos to share with you :)

I watched the most fabulous technique video from Tresa Black. I highly recommend watching it (and peruse her fabulous blog)! Once I did, I had to try it! The result? My Christmas cards...

(Click photos to view larger.)

I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card, but the inside top flap is covered in tulip cardstock to cover the tape, and also serves as matting for a picture.

I used the Close to my Heart Jingle Creative Basics collection (it's only $7.95!) to make this card, along with Martha Stewart's snowflake edge punch and her fabulous silver super sparkly glitter! (Say that 3 times fast.) I used a sponge dauber to sponge tulip ink around the edge.

Here is Tresa's video tutorial:


No comments: