Sunday, December 20, 2009

Italy Memory Box & Card for a Christmas Gift

I made this Memory Keeper box and card as a custom order for a customer on my ShopHandmade store. He wanted a box that he could wrap his wife's jewelry gift in, and that was reminiscent of their trip to Italy over the summer. He also wanted a matching card. I wanted to use Close to my Heart's Vintage Travel paper pack, but since it's retired I found this paper at Michael's (and I actually like it better!).

I used the Rustic Alphabet to stamp "ITALY." I think this stamp set combined with the second generation and rock 'n roll techniques really give it a rustic feeling. The hemp tied on the "I" and "L" and around the map add to it.
I also found this great paper at Michael's. Daniel send me some photos of their trip and they have some great ones at the Coliseum in Rome.
This is the message that Daniel wanted inside the card for his wife (in English). I translated it to Italian for the inside of the box. (I hope it's translated correctly...I used an online service since I don't speak Italian!)
Here is the card. I used the same paper as lines the inside of the box. So that it wouldn't look too much like a Valentine's day card, I added some holly leaves to the bottom hearts. I used the Love Language stamp set, but believe it or not, it did not have "love" in Italian. So I used the "mi amor" stamp, and added the "e" from "dulce" to create "mi amore," which is "my love" in Italian.
For the inside of the card, I printed Daniel's message, surrounded it with the holly stamp from the December Word Puzzle, and covered the berries in Martha Stewart's red glitter. (I love her super sparkly glitter...it's the best!) I lined the left side of the card for Daniel to add a picture of them on their trip. (The card is 6.5" x 5" so it's perfect for a 4" x 6" photo.)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hi Jayma,
I love, LOVE, this box...it turned out lovely.
Plus, how romantic and thoughtful that a man thought this far ahead to have this made...AND to put jewelry in it?! She is one lucky lady!!
Great job with it..they will both love it.

Love your site.
Merry Christmas,
Cheryl