Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blooming Flourishes Card Created in Mammoth

I have lots of creativity to share with you in the days to come! I've been in Mammoth since New Year's Eve (for those of you not in California, Mammoth is an amazing ski resort town in the Eastern Sierra Nevadas). My in-laws have a vacation condo here and we come up many times a year to snowboard/ski and get away. I'm SO inspired when I'm here...I love being surrounded by the snow and beauty...so I bring all my scrapbook stuff and create away!

There were originally 7 of us here, but several have left over the last couple days (including my hubby--I already miss him!). I'm staying through the week, and my mom arrived on Sunday, so now it's just my Mother-in-law, mom, me, and my dog, Oslo (he LIVES to play in the snow!). I'm so excited to be able to craft with my mom and spend time with her...this is only the second time she's been to Mammoth (the first time was when my husband and I got engaged...he proposed on the slopes and I came to the lodge to find my whole family. But that's another story). We crafted all night last night and will craft some more in the coming week...in addition to showing her all my favorite spots in the beauty of Mammoth and the surrounding area.

Ok, enough about real life, onto my card :) This is what I made last night by random stamping the Blooming Flourishes stamp set. It was inspired by one of Judy Applegath's cards. I used CTMH markers to color the flowers. I only used 2 markers - Topiary and Hollyhock. To make darker colors I did a few extra layers when coloring.




I made this card for my mother-in-law to give to one of her dear friends who's been battling cancer for 11 years. She just found out she has 7 more small tumors and is in the midst of another round of chemo. She is an amazing woman of faith and is always positive, despite all the chemo and yuckiness she's gone through. I hope this card makes her smile :)

CTMH Stamp set: Blooming Flourishes
CTMH Colors: Hollyhock, Topiary, Black

No comments: