Saturday, January 30, 2010

CTMH Party Project

These are the two projects we made at my Close to my Heart party last night.

The first project began with a small Nerds box. Scroll down to the bottom to see how it turned out!

My hostess wanted to make Valentines and she LOVES glitter, so I taught the fabulous glitter-n-tape technique I learned from Tresa Black's video. I also tried to keep the card fairly masculine since most of us will be giving it to our husbands or boyfriends :)

We used the Veranda Creative basics paper along with a mixture of 3 stamp sets. The Love Always stamp set is actually a wedding stamp set, but it works perfectly for this occasion. The Tulip-colored heart is from the Love Language Stamp set. It's also a great multi-tasker...this stamp set can be used for Valentines but is mostly a lot of fun hearts that I use for all kinds of projects. The third stamp set was the January Stamp of the Month, True Friends.

The January Stamp of the Month set is only available for one more day! You can get this set at a discount or free...here's the breakdown:



Now for the finished product for our Nerds. Isn't it cute?! I must admit I got the idea from a video I saw on Chicknscratch.com, but made some alterations for my own use.

Here are the instructions for the mini Nerds Boxes I bought (your Nerds box dimensions may slightly differ):
  • Cut white cardstock to 1-11/16" x 4-1/4"
  • Score at 5/8", add another 1-5/16" and score, add another 5/8" and score, add another 1-5/16" and score.
  • Fold on score lines and wrap around Nerds box. Adhere together on one of the short sides.
  • Tie a 9-1/4" ribbon around the box. You may want to attach the ribbon with a glue dot on the bottom of the box to keep it in place while you tie it.
  • Embellish as desired. I used a 1" and 1-1/4" circle for the front and a 1-1/4" heart for the back. The circles are attached with a 3D foam dot for some dimension.
  • NOTE: If you're using wooden stamps you'll want to stamp first, then punch your circle to make sure your image is centered. If you're using CTMH clear stamps this doesn't matter as much because you can see exactly where you're stamping! (But you may want to stamp first just to make sure it's perfect.)
  • Isn't this mini bee stamp set cute?! It is not available for purchase, but you can get it for FREE by booking a party with me or by placing an order of $50+ on my website by Feb. 14, 2010.
Shop for Close to my Heart Products!

No comments: