Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm So Excited (And I Just Can't Hide It)

I performed to this song by the Pointer Sisters in my third grade Lip Sync. Check out my fluorescent leotard and crimped hair...I'm the one in the middle! Yes, I was truly a child of the 80's :)
Ok, back to business...the reason I'm excited is not because of 80's music, but because I made the Design Team at Practical Scrappers! If you haven't checked out their fantastic blog, head on over there right now. It's one of the best challenge blogs for me, because it's just as the name implies...PRACTICAL! I'm so thrilled to be a part of their talented team.

The challenge for this week is to use patterned paper. So go ahead and dig deep in your stash and find something really good to show us! Then go to the Practical Scrappers blog and link your blog so we can see!

Here's my submission. I wanted to showcase several of these colorful patterns and found a card at the PaperCrafts blog that inspired my design.
I've been having lots of fun with this Carolyn Gavin paper stack I found at Michael's. Love the bright colors!

Stamp set: CTMH Thank You (my most-used stamp set)
Paper: Carolyn Gavin from Michael's
Ink: CTMH Ocean
Other: CTMH Bitty Sparkles, hemp (love the quality of CTMH), leather flower embellishment (I think I found it at Target some time ago)

13 comments:

scrappinlil said...

Love the pic of you...so cool...I also wanted to say congrats on making the design team...I just love their challenges...and you did an awesome job on this card..TFS

Sherri said...

Great, happy card!

Sherri
Practical Scrappers DT

AmandaB said...

I just love the card you made.. Congrats on making the team.. I'm a newbie over at Practical Scrappers too and I can't wait to start working with you..

Amanda :0)

magicwanda said...

Hi Jayma
Congrats on making the team....
I see why , this is awesome!
Wanda:)

Jessica said...

Congratulations, Jayma! You're going to make an amazing addition to our already amazing team! I look forward to working with you!

Nadya 's World!!! said...

LOVE the pic... So FUN!!! :) Congratulations on making the DT!!! So exciting!! WOOHOO!!! :)
Nadya :)

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Gorgeous work - great blog - and I can't wait to start working with you (I am a PS newbie too!!)

Clare said...

Your card is so fun and cheery! I'm looking forward to working with you! :)

Heidi M said...

Hi Jayma! Great card. Love the design and use of patterned paper! Congratulations on the design team -- looking forward to working with you and seeing more of your creativity :)

Summer Rose Scrapbooks said...

OMG that brings back some teenage memories. LOL I used to love the Pointer Sisters!

I'm a new design team member too and look forward to working with you at Practical Scrappes :)

Corinna

Fern said...

I love the papers you used on this cute fun card!! Congratulations on making the team!!

Scrapping Servant said...

NICE - I love that pic! You are so blessed to have it... and congrats on the team :)

Scrapendipity said...

Oh my gosh the pic is awesome! LOL

Love the card too. Congrats on your DT. :)