Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mojo Monday #122 | Practical Scrappers | Charisma Cardz

This card qualifies for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge, the Practical Scrappers challenge (embossing), and Charisma Cardz (use something new - my Nestabilities). I've used dry embossing with a Cuttlebug folder and clear heat embossing on the brown flower (hard to tell in the photo). I also threw a couple other techniques in there...I sanded the Happy Birthday dry embossing to expose the white core and make it pop, and I and masked the tulip flower so the juniper flowers would look like they're stamped behind it.
If you would like to learn these techniques or any others, and live in the LA or San Diego area, let me know and we'll book a fun craft party for you!

Supplies (CTMH)
Stamp sets: Treasure Life, Happy Birthday
Paper pack: Perfect Day
Ink colors: Tulip, Juniper, Cocoa

11 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Jayma! Love the colors!

Always Playing with Paper said...

Awesome card! Love all the details and the colours.

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Always Playing with Paper said...

Yes Cyrus is a Husky/Wolf! What a funny thing!! I laughed when I saw your blog title...too funny! Thank you for stopping by my blog, yours is gorgeous. I especially LOVE that pretty flower you created on last week's Mojo Sketch...they MUST choose your card! It is amazing!

Jamie Lane said...

This is terrific! Love the colors and the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

Kelly said...

beautiful card! i recognize that CTMH paper and stamp set (which is one of my favorites!!!) thanks for some future CASE idea!

thanks for joining in with Charisma Cardz this week!

Bubbles said...

Beautiful card, such nice colour combo, really like how you have brought the white out on the embossing panel. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Tanya Rudd said...

So, so pretty. Thank you for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers.
Hugs
Tanya

Kim said...

I LOVE your stamping on this one! Great use of colors! Love all the embossing techniques too! Thanks for playing with us at Practical Scrappers again this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sherri said...

Nice card....great embossing and colors.

Sherri
Practical Scrappers DT

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Very nice color combos! Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers!

Scrapping Servant said...

I have Mojo Monday bookmarked from a while ago, I just haven't participated yet, you inspire me... but that's enough, I need to go get my kiddos dressed for the day :)

See you later.