This is my submission for Practical Scrappers this week...the challenge is to use brads, which I used to attach the ribbon handle. I've included a tutorial below.
I have seen boxes similar this one around the blogosphere, so I created this template to fit the Sweethearts boxes I bought. Here is my tutorial:
- Cut two pieces of good-quality cardstock, one at 4" x 5-1/16", the second at 4-1/16" x 5-1/8" (I used Close to my Heart). You want the lid to be just slightly larger so is fits around the base.
- Score 3/4" from all sides of both pieces.
- For the base, cut on the score line on both long sides from the edge to the perpendicular score line.
- For the lid, you will also cut from the edge to the perpendicular score line on one long side. On the other long side you will cut off the corner that the score lines make. (See below.) Note that since this piece is 1/16" wider than the base, you may want to cut in just a little bit farther than the score line when snipping off the corner, because the tab that is left will be adhered the the base and you don't want it to be wider than the base.
- For the base, fold each side up and add adhesive to the the little square flaps, adhering to the inside of the box that forms.
- For the lid, also add adhesive to the two little square flaps, adhering to the inside of the box. The other side does not have these flaps, just fold the long tab up.
- Add adhesive to the long flap and adhere to the base of your box.
- Once the basic box is formed, you want to add your decorative paper. I used CTMH Animal Cookies. Top: 3-9/16" x 2-5/8"; Long sides: 11/16" x 3-9/16"; Short sides: 11/16" x 2-5/8"
- Embellish as desired.
Supplies (CTMH unless specified):
"it's a boy" - Sweet Baby stamp set
Yellow heart - Grown With Love stamp set
Red heart - Love Language stamp set
Animal Cookies Paper Pack
Ink: Tulip, Sunflower, Dutch Blue
Goldrush safety Pin - Autumn Garden Mini Medley Accents
Blue brads - Joann's
Ribbon - Michael's
1" round punch - Michael's
Font - "A Little Pot" from dafont.com