Monday, February 15, 2010

Caboodle Baby Shower Layout

This week's challenge at Practical Scrappers is to use flowers. Since I have been scrapbooking Baby Shower photos for my NEPHEW, flowers weren't an easy embellishment to incorporate. But my creative juice began to flow and I created flowers out of large buttons. This didn't seem as girly as traditional flowers, so I think it totally works for this layout!
I also used the new Irresistibles Lots of Dots letters from Close to my Heart (below). As soon as I saw them in the new catalog I knew I had to have them, but this is the first I've played with them. They're so fun! They come white with little embossed dots. You can sponge ink on them to make them any color you need, and the embossed dots resist the ink, so you get this fun polka dot look.
The new episode of CTMH Art & Soul features resist embossing and some other ways to use these new Irresisibles letters. You can watch it on my website!

Supplies list (CTMH unless noted)
Paper: Caboodle & Twitterpated
Colors: Crystal Blue, Buttercup, Sweet Leaf, Sorbet, Colonial White
Clear Craft Buttons
Dimensional Elements In Color - Organic
Sweet Leaf Designer Ribbon
Natural Hemp
Irresistibles Lots of Dots
Colonial White Designer Brads

4 comments:

Heidi M said...

Hi Jayma! Sweet 2-page layout! I love the button flowers.

Heidi :)

AmandaB said...

Jayma, Your pages are so adorable and those button flowers are inspiring and so clever..

Amanda :0)

Kim said...

Very creative use of buttons for flowers. I love this idea! Your layout is darling! Just perfect for a baby boy shower page!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Scrapping Servant said...

I tagged you for a little "game" if you wanna take a break from playing with your papers :)

http://scrappingservant.blogspot.com/2010/02/finally-playing-along.html