Monday, March 15, 2010

Chipboard Challenge

This week's challenge at Practical Scrappers is to use chipboard. I bought a 6"x6" chipboard album in the dollar bin at Michael's. I used one of the "pages" as the base for this hanging decor. I covered it, and the chipboard heart, with paper from the You Rock paper pack from CTMH by tracing the chipboard onto the back of the paper, then cut out and adhered. Then I sanded the edges to made them flush and add some distress. I love using the Finishing Files for the little nooks and crannies. For larger areas I use the Sanding Block.

I just love this photo of my niece. She looks like she's getting into mischief, which is probably true. I'm working on making several of these photo hangers (for lack of a better term) to decorate my cubicle at work :)

3 comments:

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Your neice is adorable! Wonderful project!

AmandaB said...

What a little sweetie.. Your frame is so fun.. I love the paper you used and the rhinestone bling..

Your Practical Scrappers DT Sister,
Amanda:0)

Kim said...

This is darling! I adore it and the You Rock paper is perfect with this photo!
Blessings,
Kim xXx