Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Husband's Birthday/St. Paddy's Card

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Here's a tidbit of info about this holiday that most people don't know: It's technically spelled "St. Paddy's," not "St. Patty's." I don't know why, and I don't like it this way, but I don't make the rules. I just follow them because I'm an editor and proofreader, and when I see grammatical errors I go nuts (even if I don't agree)!

Ok, now that that's out of the way...today is my husband's birthday! He could care less what his card looks like, or that he even receives a card, so I made this quickly. haha! But I did want to make him a card because that's what I do :) So here it is...
I stamped the background paper...I like how that looks for a more masculine card (albeit the flowers take away from any masculinity there was!).

I also made him cupcakes and a little cupcake topper. He said he didn't want a cake or anything, but everyone needs something special for their birthday and I know he appreciated it. Served on nothing less than a UCLA plate :)
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: March Word Puzzle (retired - here is the current one), Happy Birthday (a must-have, along with Thank You! You will use them endlessly.)
Inks: Clover Meadow, Sunflower

5 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the tidbit about St. Paddy's Day. I didn't know that. Now I'm going to worry that I'll make grammatical errors when I visit (not....just teasing)
I love your masuline card with flowers. This can be entered at The Sisterhood and at Frosted Designs this week.

Blessings,
Kim xXx

CraftyGirl said...

Isn't that funny that our husbands don't really care about the card we labored over... yet we would fall over if they ever produced one for us!! Oh well!! Love your card and your cupcake topper! Glad you joined us at Frosted Designs! And be sure to check out the Sisterhood site Kim was talking about... fun stuff!!
Barb :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a wonderful "guy" card for dear hubby!! I love how you made your own background! WOW yummy cupcakes ... why didn't he eat them?? Is he watching his figure (as well as yours)? LOL!! Pass them my way, they looks YUMMO!!! Thanks so much for joining in on our SISTERHOOD Challenge Debut ... we sure hope you'll check us out and come back often!!

Teri said...

Fabulous guy card hun - loving that cake too - yum!
Thank you so much for entering our first challenge at The Sisterhood. Hope to see you there next time too.
Hugs,
Teri xx

Jamie Lane said...

Super cute!