Thursday, April 1, 2010

Card, Pen, Bookmarks Gift Set

A while ago I posted some pictures of cards I made for my aunt's card box. Well, I am now finally getting around to posting photos of the whole ensemble :) I bought this plain white pencil box at Michael's and covered it with paper, then sealed it with Mod Podge. Then I decorated it in the bright, cheery colors that my aunt loves :)
I included 2 RSVP pens, which are easily altered to match. Simply use a scrap of paper about 1" wide, roll it tightly, then screw the end of the pen off and slip it down. Easy peasy!
This is what it looked like with everything inside...
These are GIANT paper clips that I turned into bookmarks. I used Mod Podge on these, too, to make them a little more durable. I put a scallop circle on each side of the paper clip, and put 3D foam squares and glue dots in the center to hold them in place.
And here are the 6 cards that went inside...
This one's my favorite...

The paper I used is from a paper stack I got at Michael's by Carolyn Gavin. I love the bright colors and fun patterns!

Stamp sets used: Thank you, Cottage Floral, Sweet Baby, Posterboard Alphabet

3 comments:

Christine Meyer said...

Awesome set Jayma, thanks for all the inspiration!

Scrapendipity said...

What a super cute idea! Love these colorful cards and the clips are great addition to the gift set. LOVE!

dawsondesigns said...

I cannot sgtand how cute this is - wow!! It looks like a Cricut cartridge box that you covered, but it's a pencil box?! Awesome. You spent so much time making a perfect set with all the coordinating pieces and they go together perfectly. I love the cards & everything about this set. :)