Here's a sneak peek at some new Close to my Heart products, releasing with the new Idea Book on May 1. This week's challenge at Practical Scrappers is to use buttons. I've seen people use buttons for cherries and think it's so cute...and Close to my Heart's new You're Sweet stamp set was perfect for this project. And this paper...isn't it the cutest?! It's called Cherry-O, and I am in love with it! I included a tutorial at the bottom of this post...so be sure to scroll down!
This is the other side of the holder, with a pocket for the matching envelopes.
I found a post similar to this on Dannie's Designs blog a looooong time ago and loved her idea. I used some of her dimensions and changed it up a little bit.
This photo looks kind of weird, but I wanted you to be able to see how the pockets are on each side.
Note Card Holder
* (2) pieces of 8-1/2" x 5-1/4" cardstock
* Hold cardstock horizontally and score at 6" and 6-1/4"
* Fold on each score line to form the folder like in my photos.
* (2) pieces of 5" x 2" patterned paper to cover the pocket flaps.
* Once the pattnered paper is adhered, attach the top sides of each flap with a brad if you'd like. Be sure to leave enough room between the brads for the 4-1/4" notecard. (I only have one brad on each side for this reason!)
* Adhere the backs of each folder together, so the pockets are facing out. Wrap with a ribbon and decorate as desired!
* Standard 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" base (colored cardstock)
* 4" x 5-1/4" white cardstock to write on.
* 1-1/2" strip of cardstock for across the top
* 1-1/4" strip of patterned paper for across the top
* 2" scallop circle
* 1-3/4" circle
* stamps of your choice
If you have any questions, leave a comment or email me at jaymalew[at]gmail.com. Happy scrapping...and don't forget to play along at Practical Scrappers!