Monday, April 26, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: 2 Ribbons

The challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges is to use 2 ribbons. For my project I made a Flip Flap album with Caboodle paper and A Tweet (new low price! Just $7.95) and Springtime stamp sets from CTMH. I got the instructions for this album from my upline, Kay Pekin. (Instructions below.)
To get the ribbon to stay in place, I made a hole with my piercing tool where I wanted the ribbon to come out. Then I stuck the ribbon through the holes and covered with a Bigger Brad. I also put the brad through the ribbon on the other side so the ribbon doesn't come back through the hole, and taped everything in place. Be sure to do all this before covering the opposite side with paper, that way you can cover the brad/ribbon/tape with B&T paper.
I encourage you to play along at Heart 2 Heart...the challenges are great and we've had a lot of talented people submit their artwork. I love challenges because it often pushes me out of my comfort zone when creating, and looking at everyone else's artwork is always inspiring! If that's not enough, you could be chosen to be one of our Friday Five winners :)

INSTRUCTIONS for the Flip Flap album

Pieces needed:
  • (1) 9-1/2" x 4-3/4" piece of cardstock scored 2 times at 1-3/4" and 2"
  • (1) 7-1/2" x 4-3/4" piece of cardstock scored about 7/8" from edge
  • (1) 7" x 4-3/4" piece of patterned paper
  • (4) 1-3/4" x 4-3/4" piece of cardstock scored in half
  • (5) Flip Flaps from CTMH
  • (2) 7" pieces of ribbon
  • (2) bigger brads
  • Any embellishments or patterned paper cut at 4-3/4" x ? to decorate the front
1) Fold all cardstock on fold lines, following my picture as a guide.
2) Tape patterned paper on long piece of cardstock, close to the score line.
3) Glue all (4) 1-3/4" strips together in half.
4) Place the 1st Flip Flap on top of the patterned paper. Place 1/8" from score, peel and adhere.
5) Adhere 1st strip over the flip flap with FOLDED EDGE TOWARD THE OUTSIDE.
*Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you put your last strip on.
6) Glue the top piece of cardstock on and decorate!

I hope this makes sense. Leave a comment or email me at jaymalew[at]gmail.com if you have any questions!

1 comment:

Carol Labuski said...

too cute! I love little albums like this. Thanks for the instructions, too. I'll have to be making one of these soon!