Monday, April 19, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge | Practical Scrappers Challenge

I finished this project a few weeks ago for a wedding gift and have been dying to share it! I'm so glad I can now :) I love how it turned out...can't wait to see it complete with photos! The "E" canvas fits the sketch for this week's Heart to Heart Challenge. The challenge at Practical Scrappers this week is to use floss, fiber, and/or ribbon. I chose ribbon, which is tied around each of the chipboard letters.

I got this idea from the very talented Denise Black. (Check out her amazing blog!) I began with four 8" x 10" canvases and coated them in Mod Podge, then attached Veranda paper (Level 2 and Creative Basics) and covered in Mod Podge again to seal. Then I had fun embellishing using chipboard, pearls, Just Blooms, filigree charms, brads, ribbon, etc.
This was my inspiration...the bedding on their registry. (The canvases aren't quite as dark as the photo portrays, it it's pretty close to the inspiration colors.)
"L" details...
The chipboard letters are covered in paper from Key to my Heart (retired). The Cocoa cardstock swirls are cut from a Sizzix die-cut. (I don't recommend using the Sizzlets in a Cuttlebug...it didn't work too easily.)
"O" details...
To make the fun shape out of the green paper, I traced one of the "Miracles" die-cut papers onto the Veranda paper and cut it out.
"V" details...
"E" details (which follows the sketch at Heart2Heart)...

Thanks for looking! I hope you will play along, too! There's wonderful prize package for CTMH products over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges, sponsored by Diane Cook! And a prize at Practical Scrappers for 5 free digi stamps from Creations by Penny.

Check out the other Heart 2 Heart Design Team's blogs:

8 comments:

Angela said...

Such a work of Heart! You've put alot of beautiful details into these pieces and I'm sure the gift will be much appreciated.

Michele said...

WOW!! This is beautiful. I love these colors together!! Great job piecing this all together!!

Mary said...

Such a beautiful project! I am sure it will be treasured -

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Jayma, love them!

Tracey Mason's Studio said...

Jayma this project is such a feast for the eyes I don't know where to begin! It's just lovely & I'm inspired!

Katy said...

I'm gonna have to try to make some of these...what a wonderful idea!

Denise Black said...

Oh Jayma!!! Such a beautiful job you did!!! These are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for mentioning me you your work stand alone. Great job. Are you going to convention, I want to meet you!
Denise

marcies creations said...

OMG Love the art work. Fabulous