Friday, April 16, 2010

Thinking of You

My aunt visited from Florida last month (the aunt I keep referring to in my blog posts who likes bright colors!). She's always been crafty, but hadn't done papercrafts before, and she's been wanting me to show her how to make cards. Well, show her I did!

We were at my parents' house in San Diego and I didn't bring my craft stuff (I wasn't expecting to be crafting), so we used my mom's stash and went to The Paper Source to get some additional goodies. We got some AMAZING handmade paper!! Wowee do they have some awesome stuff at that store! Along with several types of specialty paper and cardstock, we got some Martha Stewart embellishments, like the flowers shown below. We paired these fun finds with the stamps, inks, and embellishments my mom has collected from my CTMH parties she's attended, and we ended up making about 6 cards each in one night! She's hooked!

Here's one of the cards I made. I'll share the others over the next couple of weeks.
CTMH supplies:
Gracious Greetings stamp set, Orange ink pad, sponge dauber

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love this bold and beautiful color. I'm glad you and your aunt got some quality crafting time!
Blessings,
Kim xXx