Monday, May 24, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge: Random-Stamped Background

The challange this week at Heart 2 Heart is to random-stamp a background for your project. I made this baby layout as a gift, but when I gave it away it didn't have photos in it. I didn't want you to have to look at a layout with no photos...so I Photoshopped them in! These are photos of my nephew's birth and soon after. If I had actually scrapbooked them the title would say "Baby's First Photos." I left the layout pretty plain because the gift was for a scrapbooker and I wanted her to be able to add whatever pictures she wants and fill in the blank for "Baby's First ____."


I used my favorite baby stamp set to random-stamp the background on the bottom: Baby Steps. The title is stamped with Rustic Alphabet, then I sponged the edges in chocolate to add an extra pop. The Crystal Blue paper is from the back side of a Twitterpated paper and the Sunflower, White Daisy, and Chocolate is all cardstock. The only embellishment I really added was a clear button (love these!) tied with chocolate waxy flax. Layout is from Imagine (you need this!): Overture (pgs 116-117), changed up just a bit.

I think I should make another layout like this for me, too! I've already made the photo choices. I was going to do Connor's scrapbook pages online in Studio J, but maybe I'll have to mix them up a little. That's one of the beauties of Studio J...it looks like real scrapbooking so you can mix the Studio J layouts with traditional scrapbook layouts!

Head on over to Heart 2 Heart Challenges to participate in the random-stamped background challenge this week. You may just be the winner of a fabulous prize from Ruth Nava.

4 comments:

Lorrinda said...

Oh Jayma, it looks like you chose this paper to go with these pics! Great job with the photshopping, can't even tell :) Nice layout and great random stamping!

Stacy said...

The layout is so sweet! I love it!

Carol Labuski said...

love your random stamping...it's perfect! love the photos, too!

Angela said...

What a wonderful gift from your heart! It's beautiful!