Monday, May 17, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Color Challenge: Ocean, Topiary, Desert Sand

This week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart is a beautiful color challenge. I don't think I would have put these colors together on my own but I love the combo! And it worked perfectly for my husband's graduation card. He's graduating from USF on Friday (!) and the school colors are green and gold/yellow...so it's close. They're masculine colors, too, so it's perfect.

I made the tassel from chocolate waxy flax and Topiary organdy ribbon (retired) that I cut into skinny strips. Then I layered the paper: the desert sand is a B&T from Twitterpated, then Topiary cardstock, topped w/ vellum.

I used a few different stamp sets to make the background paper: Dainty Thoughts, Good times (no longer available), and Everyday Celebration (no longer available). I apologize for using sets that aren't available, but they were perfect for this! Hopefully you have them though...they were from CTMH specials a while back.Now it's your turn to make something using these Close to my Heart colors. Then be sure to post your creation to the Heart 2 Heart blog!

9 comments:

Helen Onulak said...

GREAT card! Congratulations to your hubby!

Megan said...

Great card!

Angela said...

My husband has one more class to go, then he'll be getting a card like this from me!
Very clever with that mortar board!

pweaks said...

very cute. Love these colors and how you random stamped the background. I also really like the cap. TFS

Katy said...

Love your random stamping and your little graduation hat!!!

Christine said...

LOVE this one Jayma, I think I'm going to try and recreate something similar for a card workshop tomorrow! I always visit here for my card inspiration (:

Carol Labuski said...

love the card! congrats to hubby! what an accomplishment!

Lorrinda said...

Love the random stamping you did. Great job!

be said...

酒店經紀
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,
酒店經紀,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
酒店工作,
酒店上班,
酒店打工,
禮服酒店,
禮服公關,
酒店領檯,
華麗夢想,
夢世界,