Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Such a Ham Scrapbook Page: Mixing Paper Kits

I love mixing paper kits and using them in unexpected ways. The paper in this layout is from 2 different kits: Magic Moments and Jingle—2 of my favorites! They share a color in common: hollyhock. The Jingle paper pack (striped paper) is a Christmas theme, but as you can see I used it in an "everyday" layout...albeit these pictures ARE from the day AFTER Christmas. My niece, Maddie was having so much fun showing off all her new toys...and as the scrapbook page says, was such a ham. At only 1-1/2 years old, she definitely knows how to say "cheese."

I used an On Target dimensional elements circle to highlight her and added some dimensional stickers from K & Company. To create the pattern on "HAM" I stamped the Spot On Background 3 times onto Juniper cardstock. Then I stamped the letters from the Posterboard Alphabet stamp set on top, cut them out, and placed them on 3D foam squares. I love the Posterboard Alphabet because of how versatile it is...it highlights whatever paper you want to use.

Paper: Jingle, Magic Moments
Stamp Sets: Spot On Backgrounds, Posterboard Alphabet

1 comment:

Marie said...

What a fun layout! Love it.