Monday, June 14, 2010

Father's Day & Birthday Card Rolled into One!

I love this Good Times paper pack...so much so that all I have left is scraps (I need to order another one!). One of the things I love is that it's very flexible...the colors AND the patterns can be masculine or feminine. So this paper was perfect for Heart 2 Heart's challenge this week: Make a card for dad and use your scraps! My dad's birthday is right after Father's day, so I made one card for both occasions. (After all, it's not like the guys really care about the cards.) I kept the embellishments simple and let the fun paper speak for itself. The stamp is from February's Stamp of the Month, A Little Everything...what a great set! I hope it comes back to the catalog permanently next year!

To see the lovely vintage-looking, dad-inspired June Stamp of the Month, click here. Use it to make your dad's card this year...remember Father's Day is this Sunday, June 20! If you order NOW you may get it in time to make a card for this weekend. Or maybe your dad's birthday is coming up. Be sure to also check out CTMH's Jackpot June Deal of the Day each day on my website!

Well, I just moved to Fresno from LA, so I'm up to my ears in unpacking and settling, so I'll be MIA for a little while. I'll try to be back to blogging soon! In the meantime, head over to Heart 2 Heart's blog and participate in this week's challenge yourself!

6 comments:

Carol Labuski said...

What a great paper pack to cover both occasions. Good thinking! Hope you adjust to your new surroundings. How exciting!

Angela said...

Good luch with all the unpacking! Be sure to get all your scrap stuff done first so you can keep creating beautiful pieces!

tom said...

wow didnt know there was this kind of home biz

dawsondesigns said...

Wow, what a great masculine card! I really like what you've done and it shows off what a cool paper pack this is. I hope your unpacking goes smoothly and takes less time than you think. Will you have a crafting room or work space?

dawsondesigns said...

Wow, what a great masculine card! I really like what you've done and it shows off what a cool paper pack this is. I hope your unpacking goes smoothly and takes less time than you think. Will you have a crafting room or work space?

Cheryl Even said...

Cute card. That sentiment says it all! Welcome to L.A. Hope you soon feel at home here.