Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Card Sketch Turned Scrapbook Page

The challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges this week is a sketch...I love sketches! But this isn't just a sketch...it's a pattern from Jeanette Lynton's latest how-to book, Wishes (a must-have), and is approved by Close to my Heart to share with others. You'll see H2H's version of the sketch to the left.

I made a pact with myself to not make any more cards until I am at least a little caught up with my scrapbooking. I am way behind (I'm sure you all know the feeling), and have been so overwhelmed that I've been making cards and altered items that I can finish in a reasonable amount of time. But not anymore! (Unless I need to for a particular challenge or I actually need to give a card I don't already have on-hand.) So here is my take on the sketch: a scrapbook page.
These are just a couple of many pictures I have from Memorial Day weekend 2009. Stay tuned for future posts of our big trip back east last July...that's my big project at the moment. I'm almost finished with a layout for Washington, DC—a place I wish I were at right now! CTMH's annual convention kicks off today in DC and I wasn't able to make it this year. I cannot WAIT to hear about all the new products and goodies CTMH shares...you can be sure I'll be watching the Twitter feed these next few days (#CTMHConv).

Supplies used:
Wishes Card Confidence Program book, CTMH Splendor Level 2 paper pack (I love the versatility!), CTMH Rustic Alphabet stamp set, Save the Date - English Stamp set (also available in Spanish and French), Felicity stamp set (no longer available), Prima flowers from stash

1 comment:

Kristin Kottwitz said...

Wow! Great idea. I too need to do this. Thanks for the inspiration.