Monday, July 26, 2010

Color Challenge: Blush, Creme Brulee, Vineyard Berry

This is an exciting, yet somewhat sad week. This marks my last challenge as a part of the Heart 2 Heart Design Team. However, the new team is incredibly awesome...so go check them out at the Heart 2 Heart Challenges blog. But I will definitely still play along, and I'm really excited about this week's challenge. It's a color challenge, which I love, because they always push me outside my comfort zone. Blush, Creme Brulee, and Vineyard Berry.

I really had no idea what I was going to do with this color combo when I began. So I went through all my paper packs and pulled out every paper I had in these colors. Then I went through all my photos and pulled out everything that would go with these colors. I knew I wanted to do a scrapbook page because Mandy and I had a pact that we couldn't buy any new CTMH products until we finish a certain number of scrapbook pages. She's already done!! But I will definitely have my goal finished before Aug 1, the big date when Consultants are allowed to purchase from the Fall/Winter CTMH Idea book! :) Anyways, I found these photos from my cousin's wedding 2 years ago. I have already scrapbooked some of the photos, but I made her ENTIRE wedding scrapbook so I set the photos for my scrapbook aside and am finally coming back to them. haha! But I think they work perfectly with these papers and colors and I'm really happy with how the page turned out.

I ended up using Blush, Creme Brulee, and Vineyard Berry cardstock with Creme Brulee B&T from Veranda and Vineyard Berry B&T from the Emporium Creative Basics. Elegant papers for an elegant occasion. I also used the butterflies and flowers from the newest Just Blooms...love these! The Bride & Groom stamp is from the Love Always stamp set...another must-have if you make wedding cards!

If you want to play along, head over to Heart 2 Heart and link your blog post! And check out the other Design Team's creations...they're all awesome!

3 comments:

Paige Dolecki said...

Jayma -

Beautiful work on combining these colors!

Paige

Nashik Property Bazaar said...

Great blog i like to read this blog daily it has all the useful stuff, i would like to subscribe it so can you please tell me when your blog gets updated.

Carol Labuski said...

great job, Jayma! It was great getting to know you through these challenges! I'll be around!