Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Baby Name Frame Using Cricut, Double-Sided Sticky Paper & Glitter

I love baby showers! These baby frames are my absolute favorite things to make. (If you are new to my blog, you can see all the frames I've made here.) I attended a baby shower a couple of weekends ago, and they knew they were having a girl, and decorated her room in pink and green, but hadn't picked out a name yet. So, for now the frame says "baby." But I let the parents know that when she has a name I would love to switch "baby" with her name. That way the frame can grow with her...plus kids love things with their name on them!


To make the letters, I used double-sided sticky paper from Stampin' Up (here's my demo Angela's website) and cut the letters from it on my cricut. Make sure you put it on a medium-slow setting and the deepest cut. Then I carefully peel the letters from the sticky paper (sometimes you still need scissors, and be careful!), then stick it on a 1-1/2" white square. I then cover the letters with Martha Stewart glitter. I find her glitter is the SPARKLIEST! (For boys' frames I use crushed velvet, sometimes called fun flock.)

The frame is 8x10...this size is my favorite to work with...the ratio works well with the squares and it's not too big or too small. For longer names, 11x13 works well too. The squares are 1-3/4", which means the letter squares at 1-1/2" have a little mat. Since all frames are a little different, be sure to test yours before adhering all the squares down, it's never a TRUE 8x10 opening, so you may need to tweak the border around the squares. If you look closely at mine, you can see that there is more space between the vertical squares than the horizontal ones. Don't worry...no one will notice but you. It's more important for the border to be even than the space between all the squares.

If you have any questions about making these, let me know!

Supplies:
DCWV Baby Girl glitter paper stack; CTMH Just Blooms paper flowers; CTMH Blush cardstock; pink flowers from wedding section at Michael's; frame from Michael's; buttons, flowers, rhinestones from stash.

No comments: