Monday, August 30, 2010

A Fancy Flower With Cherry-O

I made this card with the Cherry-O paper pack from Close to my Heart. That awesome flower is fairly simple to make: Punch 8 circles from patterned paper and 1 from cardstock using CTMH's 1-1/4" circle punch. Fold the sides in on the patterned paper (see my example below). Stick a glue dot in the center of the cardstock circle and adhere the folded "petals" on the cardstock circle base to form a flower. (Note: You will need to play with the width of each "petal" to get them to line up perfectly. Don't expect a perfect flower your first time!) There's also a picture tutorial on page 13 of the Summer Idea Book.

Sorry the picture isn't better...took this one on my iphone.

The challenge at Heart 2 Heart this week is Fancy Folds...so head on over there to see the design team's awesome creations...then join in on the fun!

Stamp sets: Dainty Thoughts (Good Luck), With Love (stem/leaves)
Other supplies: Cherry-O Level 2 Paper Pack, Chocolate ribbon, Chocolate ink, Sweet Leaf ink, 1-1/4" circle punch, Chocolate waxy flax, button from stash

Although I didn't use the Cherry paper from this pack, it's adorable. If you're into cherries, there are a lots of coordinating cherry items here.

CTMH dainty thoughts stamp setCTMH with love stamp setCTMH circle punchTo browse and shop for Close to my Heart items, visit my website!

5 comments:

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Great card! Still love that Cherry-O paper pack!

Andrea Ewen said...

Great folds, Jayma! I think I saw this in the idea book and it really caught my eye just like your lovely card! Thanks for showing us a "fancy fold"...I'm definitely going to try that one! And thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Deneen said...

Great card, love the flower. I have yet to make one...looks great with our B&T. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

Paper doll said...

Very cute, with my favorite papers. Thanks for playing along with H2H!!

Mandy said...

Cute card! Love how you did the flower. I'm gonna have to try that. Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges. =)