Her family and my husband's family were very close. All the kids were around the same ages and grew up together in a tight-knit Los Angeles community. In 1992 the Langsdorfs moved to Oregon and the Malmes moved to San Diego, but they stayed in close contact over the years. When Marilyn was diagnosed with cancer 10 years ago, the doctors didn't think she had long to live. But she sure showed them what a fighter she was!
Marilyn went through a lot with her treatments, and even toward the end when she was miserable she always had a positive attitude. She had a peace about her that was unexplainable...because she knew where she was going.
Marilyn, we miss you terribly, but are happy to know you are in a better place. I hope someday I can be half the example you have set for your children and those who look up to you as the model of a godly woman, wife, and mother.
I made this mini-album for Marilyn's family to help them remember all the cherished times the two families shared over the years. My mother- and father-in-law went through all their old photos in boxes and scrapbooks, and scanned and sent them to me. What sweet memories they have!
(Instructions to make this mini-album are below.)
I only had about half a day to make this album...there are a few things I would have liked to add, like more journaling. But overall I am very happy with how it turned out, and know that the Langsdorfs will treasure it. It was really fun to make with the pockets and different-sized spots for photos.
CTMH: Splendor level 2 paper pack, circles from On Target dimensional elements, Colonial White ricrac, Colonial White grosgrain ribbon, Topiary organdy ribbon (retired), Autumn Harvest Brad Assortment, Sans Alphabet stamp set, Extreme Caps alphabet stamp set, Topiary ink, Moonstruck ink, Goldrush ink, sponge daubers
Other: White paper flowers (from wedding section at Michael's), metal stickers, Cuttlebug, Top Note die, CD Literature Folders
I received these instructions from my CTMH upline, Kay Pekin to make this mini-album with the CD Literature Folders.
- (2) 5" x 11" pieces of cardstock. Same or different colors.
- (1) 5" x 10" cardstock
- (4) 5" x 5" B&T paper for front & back cover and inside front and back covers
- (2) 5" x 4-1/4" B&T for pockets. Same or different patterns.
- (6) 4-3/4" x 2-1/2" cardstock, 2 each of 3 colors
- 5" x 11" pieces of CS: Score every 1/2" starting at 5 and ending at 8. Montain/Valley fold until the 8" mark. Slide each side into the CD folder. Shorter side goes in the side without the pocket.
- 5" x 10" cardstock: fold in half
- Attach the 2 pieces by taping the 5" x 10" folded piece to each of the CD cases. One side on the back of one, and one on the front of another.
- Finish taping the papers to the empty spots on the CD case.