Wednesday, August 11, 2010

NY Pizza & Yankees

Last summer my hubby and I took an amazing trip back east. We visited our friend Adam in Harrisburg, PA, and throughout the 10 days also visited New York, DC, Philly, and Boston. (I shared my interactive scrapbook page of Fenway Park here.) A whirlwind of a trip, but absolutely incredible!

These are some photos from the day we went to the new Yankee Stadium. Two of Adam's friends came, and so did my cousin who lives in NYC. I'll give the Yankees that they have a pretty incredible new stadium, but it was too over-the-top for me and lost all of its historical significance. I much preferred Fenway Park. It was an event, not just a game.


I used Cranberry and Topiary cardstock with some patterned paper I found at my local scrapbook store. Alphabet stamps are Extreme Caps and Sans. I added just a few embellishments with white daisy grosgrain ribbon and brads.

I think this layout is so fun! It's from Imagine: Perfect Prelude, pg. 26. I rotated the pages and changed it up a bit to fit my pictures, the I love how the cutting diagrams and instructions in the book helps speed up the planning process! If you don't have one of Jeanette Lynton's how-to scrapbooking or cardmaking books, I highly recommend them!

No comments: