Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Circle of Love Peacock Dimensional Card

This Circle of Love stamp set is one of my favorites in the new CTMH Autumn/Winter Idea Book. I just LOVE this peacock and how elegant all the stamps are. To stamp the peacock in different colors, I used the technique shown on page 9 in the Idea Book...by sponging the ink onto the stamp with sponge daubers.

The 3D dimension added to the peacock actually happened by accident. I sponged some chocolate ink around the peacock so it would pop, and I added a bit too much ink to one spot. I wanted to cover it up, so I got the idea to cut out another piece of the peacock to add on top...I love happy accidents! :)
The other great thing about this card is that I used up some of my paper scraps. I wanted to use the blues and greens in the Emporium paper pack, and since I keep all the scraps and cardstock from all my paper packs together I just got my bag out I grabbed some scraps from it. The Twilight blue was a little brighter than I wanted so I ended up using Indian Corn Blue cardstock. I added a little Glitz glitter gel on the feathers and bitty sparkles for some bling.

Supplies:
Emporium Level 2 paper pack (retired), Emporium Creative Basics, Circle of Love stamp set, bitty sparkles, sponge daubers, Amore stamp set (Dec SOTM), Chocolate ink, Sweet Leaf ink, Indian Corn Blue ink, Crystal Blue ink, Glitz glitter gel
Here are all the NEW Close to my Heart products!

2 comments:

dawsondesigns said...

This is another beautiful card! It makes me think it could be on the cover of a 70's Fleetwood Mac abum. It looks like it took a long time to make.

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty Jayma, lovin that new paper!!