Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How to Make a "Magnifique" Thank You Card Using Scraps

Again, here's my favorite card pattern which I originally found on the Papercrafts blog. (See my previous posts with this pattern here and here and here and here.) I love that even though I use the same basic pattern, each card has its own look.

This beautiful new Magnifique paper from Close to my Heart pairs perfectly with the Miracle Irresistibles Dimensional Elements. Have you tried Irresistibles yet? This chipboard flower started white, and it's pre-embossed with a white pattern, so when you ink it the pattern stays white. Such quick and easy impact!

TIP: When I make a card using this pattern, I cut each patterned paper strip 1-1/2" tall. I adhere the bottom strip, then the top, then the second from top. The white area for the stamp is simply the card base that I leave exposed. I also make sure that I don't have two "busy" patterns next to each other.

If I were to make this card over I would use a different paper from the Lagoon pattern under the lagoon dimensional element. I put this card together very fast and didn't pay attention to the fact that I'd have a lagoon flower on top of lagoon paper. It blends in too much. Live and learn :)

This card is for the Heart 2 Heart challenge for this week: make the sentiment the focal point of your project. Head on over to their blog to see the awesome design team's projects and to participate yourself!

Supplies:
Magnifique level 2 paper pack, Miracle Irresistibles Dimensional Elements, Blue and green sparkles, Thank You stamp set, hemp, chocolate ink, Lagoon ink (new!)


5 comments:

Ive_Boricua_Girl said...

Super cute.. I like it...

Ivette

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Jayma, super awesome colors! So bright and bold and that flower is divine! Love the great design and your big 'thank you' fits our challenge perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Jessica said...

ooh very cool pattern and love those colors, and one can never have to many thank you cards! So glad you played with us this week at H2H!

Deneen said...

Great card, I love Magnifique! Thanks for playing along with H2H.

Mandy said...

Super cute! Love what you have done with your scraps. =}