Friday, September 10, 2010

Jingle Christmas Card With New Mistletoe Paper & Dimensional Ornament

It's that time of year...time to start on your Christmas cards so you're not finishing them at the last minute 2 days before Christmas! Haha...that scenario is all too familiar!

You may notice by now that this card style is gaining popularity in my book. It always looks clean, it uses scraps (one of my favorite things to do!), and is very versatile. I used CTMH's new Mistletoe paper and one of my favorite Christmas stamp sets, Holiday Jingle, for the sentiment and stars on the ornament. (Who am I kidding...I have TONS of favorite Christmas stamp sets...I'm a sucker for Christmas!)

The ornament is from the new Dimensional Ornaments chipboard. I covered it in New England Ivy cardstock and sponged around the edges so it'd pop.

TIP: Covering chipboard with paper...
  • Trace the chipboard onto the back of the paper & cut out
  • Attach paper to chipboard (use plenty of adhesive...glue pen works well for small pieces)
  • File the edges to make flush. To file nooks and crannies, use CTMH's finishing files.
Supplies:
Holiday Jingle Stamp Set (shown below), Dimensional Elements Ornaments, Mistletoe level 2 paper pack, bitty sparkles, sponge daubers, New England Ivy ink, Cranberry ink, hemp from dollar store (great find!)

1 comment:

Kay said...

Love it love it love it!!!