Friday, September 3, 2010

Make a Wish! Candles Birthday Card

When I visited my family in San Diego a couple of weeks ago I spent a day making cards with my mom. I get my creativity from her, so her cards are always great...and they just keep getting better with practice. She's even more of a perfectionist than I am, so her cards always take her a long time...usually one of her cards to three of mine. Haha! But her time pays off...take a look at this one she created. It's the best card she's made yet!


She used a mixture of CTMH, DCWV, and Paper Source patterned paper cut into strips for the candles. She edged the candles in cocoa ink. The ribbon and cardstock is CTMH in cocoa and dutch blue. She was SO creative with the flames. She had a Spring paper stack (not sure what brand) and one of the pieces had tear-drop glitter shapes in different colors. She cut out only the orange and yellow teardrops and inked the edges w/ a brown copic marker. The stamp is from the CTMH February stamp of the month, Piece of Cake, and she masked to make it one straight line.

Speaking of stamp of the month, it's now September, which means a new stamp of the month! Check out Thriller, such a fun Halloween set! I'll be posting a card I made soon!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Love this card! Thank you for sharing!!!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

I absolutely LOVE that card!

Julie Anne said...

Gorgeous... I want to go copy it right now!!! but instead I am going to bed!

Kristie said...

Super cute card! Great use of scraps too. I saw a link to your card on Practical Scrappers and had to check it out!