Saturday, October 9, 2010

Stardust Grad Layout Using Magic How-To Scrapbooking Book

Here's the last layout I did for Chris's graduation...only took me 4 months to finish! These pics aren't the greatest...they were from my iPhone 3G (my new iPhone 4 takes amazing pics!). And I had a hard time getting a very good pic of the layout itself...so bear with me on this post.

I used the new Magic book for this layout. Absolutely awesome scrapbooking how-to book with tons of layouts with cutting diagrams. All the layouts have an interactive feature which is super cool...but for this layout I opted for non-interactive.

I stamped the circle of stars from the Circle Around stamp set on the red circle, and used lots of star dimensional elements. Most are simply inked (the dimensional elements come white which makes inking easy) and the star on the red circle is covered in paper from the Aspen paper pack.
For the journaling, I was able to match the color of the font exactly to the Outdoor Denim ink and paper I used. Here is a list of all the CTMH colors and the corresponding RGB values to use (I used InDesign for journaling...not sure if you can define RGB in Word...feel free to let me know if you can.)

Supplies (CTMH unless noted):
Rustic Alphabet stamp set, Felicity stamp set, Circle Around stamp set, red sparkles, Stardust level 2 paper pack (retired), Aspen level 2 paper pack (retired), Dimensional Elements stars, Clover Meadow ink, Outdoor Denim ink, Cranberry ink, Recollections sparkle brads from Michael's


2 comments:

Melissa Laverty said...

Love it!!! Gotta pull out those Felicity stamps. And I would do just about anything for a night out in sf right now!

Melissa Laverty said...

ps...gotta know which bars you were at. Mike & I lived in North Beach