Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wedding Frame Gift: Pink & Black with Damask

Last week I introduced my next-door neighbor to the wonderful world of paper crafts. She's pretty crafty, but had never made cards, scrapbooked, or worked with paper. She mentioned she has several weddings and bridal showers coming up so I showed her some gifts I've made in the past and she couldn't wait to make her own!

So, we went to Michael's and picked out some paper, embellishments, and frames and got to work, also using several items from my own stash. This is the first frame gift we came up with.

The whole strip with the gray background, heart, and wing is one piece of Heidi Swapp scrapbook paper going across the width of the frame. The wing came perforated, so we popped it out and put foam squared underneath it. You can also kind of tell that the black damask paper is fuzzy! It's SO pretty in person.
Close-up of the couple's initials in glitter! I used double-sided sticky paper from Stampin' Up and cut it out on my Cricut, then once it was adhered to the paper we covered in Martha Stewart glitter (the sparkliest!). You can also see some of the Bitty Sparkles. I LOVE using bitty sparkles...sometimes they're just the right amount of bling without going overboard.
But sometimes you need some bigger sparkles, too :)
And here's the matching card we made using a pattern from the Wishes cardmaking how-to book. To make the heart, I stamped the big heart from the Love Language stamp set on the back of textured pink paper and cut it out. The black spiral used to be pewter, and I sponged it in StazOn ink to turn it black. To create the distressed lines, I scored the back side of the paper, then sanded the front, and inked in pink to subtly match the heart.
TIP: StazOn sticks to non-porous surfaces so you can use it to dye metal, plastic, etc. It works great to ink the edges of clear cards or other clear shapes. Be sure to let it dry completely before handling...and be careful of fingers...it takes a long time to clean off!

We made another wedding gift that I'll post soon, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Elle The Heiress said...

I love that! I'm sure the bride was thrilled to get it!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

What a beautiful frame and card! A perfect wedding gift.

dawsondesigns said...

How awesome are you?! Jayma, I know I admired this picture when you tweeted it out, but reading about it and seeing detailed photos just impress me more. You are such a good friend to use your goodies and talent to help a new friend out. This is truly a very special gift and you are one very talented woman. :)