Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wedding Gift: Memory Box Frame in Maroon, Tan & Black

You might remember from this post that I have been helping my neighbor make wedding gifts. This is the second one we created...it's a shadow box. She wanted to leave it fairly plain so the bride and groom couple pin mementos and photos inside. My neighbor told me today that the bride said this was her favorite gift...and loved it even more once she found out it was handmade!
I wouldn't have thought to use this background paper that looks like corrugated cardboard. I had a stack of paper I never use that my neighbor went through and pulled it out...I think it works perfectly to add some dimension.
I also had this tag embellishment that I've been holding onto forever, and it paired nicely with the colors she used.
To create the heart, she stamped the big heart from the Love Language stamp set onto the back of the paper, then cut out. We then ran it through my Cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots folder to add some dry embossing, and sanded the dots to reveal the white core.

Supplies
Shadow box from from Michael's, CTMH Vineyard Berry cardstock, CTMH Silhouette paper pack (polka dots), Corrugated cardboard paper from Joann's paper stack, CTMH Friendship Alphabet (large), CTMH Vineyard Berry & black inks, tag, ribbon, and bling from stash

No comments: