Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fancy Christmas Tag With Martha Stewart Doily

A few weeks ago I picked up some of these Martha Stewart doily tags at Michael's, not quite sure what I'd do with them.
I saw a couple of posts on Aaron Brown's blog that inspired me, and got to work on my own Christmas tags.
I distressed the edges of the doily in CTMH Desert Sand ink, and rubbed the baking twine in the ink as well. I punched a 1-3/4" circle in tulip and secured to the back, then using a glue pen I added glitter to the holes on the front side where the tulip shows through.
Then I punched several papers using my 2" scallop circle punch. Then distressed, crumpled, and assembled together to form a flower. I secured with a brad, since that was the best way to hold everything together, then adhered a sparkle on top of the brad.

Supplies:
Martha Stewart doily tag, CTMH tulip cardstock, CTMH Jingle level 2 paper pack & Creative Basics, Pages from old book, Martha Stewart baking twine, prisma glitter, brad and sparkle from stash, CTMH Desert Sand ink

1 comment:

ALessner said...

WOW this is so cool I love this thanks for sharing the directions