Tuesday, November 2, 2010

In Loving Memory Frame

About 7 years ago I first visited my best friend in Colorado and fell in love with her husky/wolf, Neve (pronounced Ne-vie, Portuguese for "snow"). She cuddled with me in bed every morning, and was just the most loving, sweetest dog I'd ever met. It's because of Neve that I wanted a husky/wolf. I was able to visit again the next year, and got my husky/wolf, Oslo, a couple of years later. But sadly, they never got to meet :(

A few year ago Neve was suddenly diagnosed with cancer in her mouth and there was nothing the vet could do. It was only a few months before she was unable to eat and was in so much pain that she had to be put down.

I was so heartbroken for my friend, especially since I now have my dog and couldn't imagine losing him. I wanted to do something special for her, so luckily I had taken a lot of pictures of Neve while I visited. I just ran across this memory frame again, so I wanted to share it with you.
It's nothing fancy...it's the first frame I ever made...but she and her husband treasure it!

1 comment:

Jill Myers said...

Jayma, it's great; a real treasure and a very nice gesture. You seem like such a wonderful sincere person and I love all your work you do, too. I read your blog everytime you post. I hope to get a chance to meet you eventually!