Saturday, November 27, 2010

Studio J Layouts: Similar Photos with Different Papers

I hope you're all recovered from your post-turkey coma (for my U.S. readers) and Black Friday shopping! I think I'm recovered from Thanksgiving now...my parents and in-laws came to our house for the first time this year. It was SO fun to plan and cook everything, but definitely a lot of work. As for Black Friday, I don't go anywhere near a shopping center the day after Thanksgiving. My mom and I crafted instead :)

Ok, now on to crafty talk...

As you may be able to tell from my blog, I LOOOOOVE CTMH's Splendor paper pack. I used it for these first 2 layouts. The first photos are from Mammoth, our favorite place to visit in the mountains. These pictures are from the summer so I needed to use something other than my normal snowy paper choice, Aspen.
This second layout also uses Splendor, and it's of pictures from Yosemite...we stopped on our way home from Mammoth.
This third layout features some similar photos from Yosemite, but since they are from the fall I wanted a more woodsy, mountainy feeling, so I used the Back Country paper.
Tip: I wanted the "Yosemite" title to look lined up, but sort of askew. So I used the quick title tool (mentioned in this post), and once the alphabet stickers were lined up, I rotated and spaced each individual letter how I wanted it.

I love that all the papers in CTMH's "normal" paper line are also in Studio J. Plus, every time a new Idea Book is released, there is a bonus paper pack released to Studio J only.

If you are interested in catching up with your scrapbooking, Studio J is definitely the way to go. Once you get over the learning curve (which is VERY easy), you can finish a 2-page layout in under an hour. It usually takes me 30-40 minutes.

Studio J Money-Saving Membership

Close to my Heart now offers a Studio J membership, which gives you huge benefits. For just $30 for 3 months or $99/year, you will receive HALF OFF your 2-page layouts + free shipping once per month + FREE high-resolution jpg's of your layouts + a FREE memory protector for each layout + access to exclusive layouts! This means that even if you order just a couple of layouts per month, you're already getting your money's worth by saving $6.50/layout + all the other perks! (I couldn't limit myself to just a couple of layouts though...once you start you can't stop!) Here's more info.

Thanks for reading my post today!

No comments: