Sunday, December 12, 2010

Baby Name Frame Using CTMH Bella

This week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart is to create a gift. I haven't participated in a H2H challenge in a while, and since I'm up to my ears in gifts this time of year, I thought now is perfect time to participate!

This is actually a "gift" that I sold, but the recipient and his wife are giving it to their 2nd little girl, who is due in January. You can see the frame I made for their first little girl here.
I use the same dimensions for most of the baby name frames I do...8" x 10" frame, 1-3/4" for the squares, and the letters are on a 1-1/2" square, mounted on a 1-3/4". To create the letters, I use Stampin' Up sticky pages...they're sticky on both sides. I run the page through my Cricut spell the name, then I mount it on the paper and sprinkle with glitter (always Martha Stewart glitter for EXTRA sparkle!).

I wanted to kinda match the glitter to the frame, so I mixed smoky quartz (smoky gold) with a little brownstone (bronze) to make a medium-bronze color. I used this glitter mixture to create the flower center as well. I started with just a small chipboard circle, then covered with liquid glass and sprinkled with glitter (let it dry overnight). It looks like one of CTMH's new Shimmer designer brads...but I got to customize the color and it was cheaper! (But I do LOVE those new brads!)

To see all the frames I've made, click here.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Bella Level 2 paper pack (retired), mocha opaques, clear shapes (CTMH connections reward), Perennials dimensional elements, Pizzazz irrisistibles, Martha Stewart glitter (brownstone & smoky quartz), cricut, SU sticky pages, brads from Michael's, spiral clip sponged in brown staz-on ink, ribbon from Wal-Mart, Chocolate mini flowers from past special

6 comments:

Jessica said...

This is beautiful, love the colors and sparkle. I am sure the momma to be will treasure this gift. I am so glad you got to join us again at H2H!

Debbie Carriere said...

This is so gorgeous! I always love your frames every time I see one. Someday, I'll make one :) Thanks for your nice comment on my blog - I appreciate it!

Andrea Ewen said...

Simply lovely! Wonderful, girly colors and fabulous design! And a treasure that you can display all year round! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Deneen said...

Wow! Love it, what a great gift idea. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

Paper doll said...

This is gorgeous, how creative of you!! Fabulous gift!!! Thanks for sharing with H2H!

Haley D. said...

Very sweet!