Friday, December 10, 2010

"Friends" Papercrafted Photo Frame for 16-Year-Old Girl

I have to say, I think this is my favorite of all the "What's in a Frame" projects I've ever done! It must be the cool peacock feather that put it over the top for me. Maybe the glitter letters, too (but WOW were they messy to do!).
I had this idea a couple of months ago for a Christmas gift for my hubby's cousin's daughter, and put all the supplies aside, but just got around to actually making it last night. These are the colors in her room: black and white with blue accents. It's hard to get a good shot of it with the glass and glitter.
It's hard to tell, but the black & white circle paper is fuzzy. The black is velvet (which also makes it hard to get stray glitter flecks off).

This photo has better color, but bad glare. It's just hard to get a good picture with the glass reflecting back at me!
What do you think?! Here's a secret: even with the glitter mess I made, this took me less than 2 hours. Can you think of someone on your Christmas list to make something like this for? You can replace "friends" with a child's name and cover the chipboard letters in paper instead of glitter.

Let me know if you make one...I'd love to see it!

2 comments:

Laurie B. said...

Hi Jayma, I love the framed project. One of my favorite things to do is framed artwork. I found a secret to taking photos of framed pieces so I don't get the glare. If I have a frame that I can pull the glass out, that's what I do. Before I put the artwork in the frame, I pull out the glass, set the artwork in and put the back on. That way you get the look with the frame, but no reflection from the glass. And then, of course, I put the glass back in after I take the photo. Something to try if you want :)

Jayma Malme said...

Great idea, Laurie! Thanks!