Saturday, January 1, 2011

Card Box Gifts with CTMH MyCreations Card/Recipe Box

Happy new year, blog friends! Thank you so much for reading my ramblings and for all the sweet comments you've left over the past year. I hope you've been inspired and learned a thing or two. Here's to another year of craftiness :)

For Christmas I gave my mom, aunt, and mother-in-law a box full of handmade cards. I decorated a Close to my Heart MyCreations Recipe/Card box for each of them. Here are all three of them together...
This first one was for my mother-in-law, and turned out to be my favorite. The colors just work so well together.
Here's what it looked like when open and full of 10 cards and envelopes. I'm not showing each card in this post because 1.) it would take up too much space, and 2.) I've shown them all on my blog before :)
This one with Bella paper was for my mom. She loves purples and greens (like me). It's hard to tell in the picture, but the green flower began white, and I spritzed it with CTMH's new spray pen. I added 2 drops of Topiary re-inker, 1 drop of create-a-shade pearl paint, and filled with water just to the first line of the pen. It has a nice shiny finish. To make the leaves, I simply cut 2 leaf shapes freehand, inked the edges, and crinkled to add texture.
This last one was for my aunt. She likes bright colors and I love this Splendor paper. I like how her flowers turned out, too. The blue one is felt so it adds a nice texture.
Here's a close-up of the felt flower.
Did you notice the alphabet I used to spell "cards" on each box? It's NEW!! It's called Bohemian alphabet, and I love it. It's easy to cut out, which is always a plus with me. You can get the spray pen and Bohemian alphabet from CTMH beginning today.

Here's the flyer with details. To order, here are all the new items on special. (Just purchase the Workshop on the Go kit [which contains spray pen] to receive a discount on all these products!) PLUS, if you purchase just 4 items along with the WOTG kit, you'll receive the adorable Find Your Style stamp of the month for free!

{If you live in Canada, you can order from my friend Ruth here.}

Here's to a wonderful 2011 for each of you. Thanks for reading my blog today!

5 comments:

Elle The Heiress said...

love them!

Dawn said...

Oh my! Such thoughtful, beautiful gifts!

dawsondesigns said...

DUDE, THESE ARE SOOOO GORGEOUS!!!

Laura said...

Oh wow, I love these! So pretty! And what an awesome gift!

KimW. said...

Just made two monogrammed notecard sets and was googling ideas for the card boxes when I ran across your amazing boxes. And they were done with the exact same paper sets I did my cards in - Bella and Splendor !!