Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Finley's {What's in a Frame} Baby Name Decor

The newest in my {What's in a Frame} line is this adorable baby name decor for my dear friends Andrew and Amy's new baby. You guessed it...Finley. Look at that cute little guy and his FULL head of hair! I got to meet him when I went home to San Diego for Christmas...he's just the most precious thing!

I was super excited when I found this DCWV The Green Stack paper in my stash, because it matches his room perfectly! His room is decorated in grays, blues, greens, and browns with some owls...kind of an eclectic look. And it's adorable, just like him!
I used a couple of clear shapes in this frame, like the photo holder you see below. To make them stand out I inked them with StazOn solvent ink. This ink sticks to non-porous surfaces like plastic and metal, which a "normal" water-based ink would not do.
This adorable owl was part of the paper, so I cut it out with my handy dandy micro-tip scissors. It's hard to tell in the picture, but his eyes have liquid glass on them.I stamped the Charm Uppercase letters in CTMH Gray Wool ink and covered with liquid glass. The liquid glass made them look kind of green...which I like. This is the first frame I've made using stamps for the letters...usually I cut the letters from my Cricut and cover in glitter or crushed velvet. But I liked this look for this particular frame.

If you would like to know dimensions and how I make these frames, visit this post.

To see all the {What's in a Frame} artwork I've created, click here.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

Danny. said...

Oh, I love it, Jayma! Early last year (when nobody else had this owl-idea), I chose owls for Ember's nursery as well... It was IMPOSSIBLE to find ANYTHING to go with it. Really wish I would of commissioned you & the Green stack ;)

Laura said...

This is just so adorable!