Thursday, July 28, 2011

Christmas in July - Card Inspiration

It may seem too early to talk about Christmas...but if you're anything like me, you procrastinate until the last minute and your cards end up getting to people the day before Christmas! And if you've ever made your Christmas cards, you know it's a labor of love that takes many hours (but worth it!).

I admit, I haven't started making cards for this year. Being said procrastinator, I made most of my 2010 cards pretty late in the season, so I ran out of time to post them on my blog before Christmas. But I did take pictures and dug them off to inspire you for 2011! I hope you don't procrastinate like I did last year. And I hope you'll hold me to not procrastinating this year!

First up are a few cards designed by my dear friend Jen. We held an all-you-can-create Christmas card workshop and these were some of her designs. Love them!
I love the above "I Believe" stamp set. It's was so popular that it's back for round 2 in the new Idea Book! You can snag it here.


These next cards were some of my designs. The first 2 were part of our Christmas card workshop. I tried to keep them pretty simple since I had so many to create. I handmade ALL of my Christmas cards!!!
Lovin' this jumbo Martha Stewart snowflake punch. It's so pretty just on its own.
I had to make some penguin cards because my dear friend Melissa loves her some penguins! I sent some penguins to other friends, too.

I hope you'll dust off your Christmas stamps and get to work early. Or better yet, buy some of the adorable new ones available in the new CTMH Idea Book. Beginning August 1 you can look through the new book here!

When you make your own Christmas cards you will hear about them from everyone who receives one...I know from experience! Give it a try, and let me know if you need help!

Happy creating!

4 comments:

Elle The Heiress said...

My family doesn't celebrate Christmas, but my husband's does. I bought a bunch of the Christmas themed card sets off of the While Supplies Last section of my CTMH website and have made a TON for him to mail out. =)

Tammy said...

These are wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenna Chere Wallace said...

I really like the Kraft one. Great job on all. I need to get busy on mine.

Kigz said...

Oh my gosh, I love the Santa card with the black and white paper!!! THAT is gorgeous. Have to remember that combination! :)