Monday, January 24, 2011

Sharing My Stylish Blog Award

A couple of months ago Starla contacted me through the Close to my Heart Consultant locator. She used to scrapbook and now wanted to learn how to make cards, and her Canadian Consultant friend Ruth got her interested in CTMH. I had so much fun showing Starla all kinds of products and she wasted no time putting her very first CTMH order together.

Starla was sweet enough to give me this fun blog award:

Stylish-blogger-awardPlease check out Starla's new blog. She's an amazing photographer and has shared some of her papercraft projects as well (plus she said some really sweet things about me). Here's to many more blog posts, Starla! And thanks for the award :)

The rules of this award are simple:
  1. Thank the person who gave it to you and link to their blog
  2. Share 8 things about yourself
  3. Share the award with 8 other "Stylish Bloggers" and share the bloggin' love
8 Things About Me:
  1. I love to craft (Duh!)
  2. I have the cutest, sweetest, most playful husky/wolf who makes me laugh daily! He's my child, since I don't have any babies yet (but hoping to remedy that soon).
    Oslo-in-the-snow
  3. #2 actually shared 2 things.
  4. My biggest pet peeve is simple grammatical errors: mixing up there/their/they're, your/you're (those are the biggest). There are more but these are the worst ones!
  5. I am a hoarder or anything craft-related: brads, paper, ribbon, buttons, boxes and containers, etc. I may use them someday! And heaven forbid I use them up...it's not like I can't buy more!
  6. I love to snowboard. It's really the only sport I enjoy.
  7. I love the snow. Good thing, considering #6. Someday I hope to live where we get snow...which quite possibly could happen since my hubby's job moves us around quite a bit.
  8. I have lived in California my whole life. Born in Orange County, mostly raised in San Diego, lived in LA last year, and now in Fresno. Most people ask why I'd move from SoCal to Fresno, so I'll go ahead and answer for you: My husband's job. He works at Fresno State right now.
Now, to give this award to 8 other bloggers. This is not hard for me...I have follow so many wonderful & stylish blogs :) These are in no particular order.
  • Mandy - My friend since elementary school and amazing crafter! Check out her {Live Love Craft} room!
  • Meli - One of my very dear "in real life" friends with a witty sense of humor. Her blog posts always make me laugh!
  • fancyMelissa - I always learn tips for running a successful business from her. Be sure to also check out her new craft room! {jealous}
  • Ms. Aaron Brown - If you ever need some mojo, just visit her blog! She constantly inspires me.
  • Vicki Wizniuk - WOW. That's the best word to describe her work. Absolutely amazing project EVERY time. I get her blog posts emailed to me to make sure I don't miss a post!
  • Lisa Stenz - Simply amazing. I love Lisa's clean style. Check out the video tutorial she made last week...her first ever and it's awesome!
  • Stephanie - We met on twitter and had an instant friendship. Her cards are always so thoughtful and creative. I mean, who else sends her friend nicknamed "PT Cruiser" a card of a PT Cruiser and cuts out a picture of him as the driver, and even adds a license plate that says "PT Cruiser"? That's a custom card if I ever saw one.
  • Tresa Black - aka The Stamp Goddess. Tresa is always coming up with fabulous innovative projects, and she shares them on YouTube and Ustream. She's hilarious...be sure to check out her videos!

2 comments:

Melissa Laverty said...

Thanks Jayma! You are the best!
M

Tresa Black said...

Thank you for the award, you're so sweet! :)