Monday, March 7, 2011

Damask Birthday Card - Black, White & Purple

This card was inspired by the wonderful Vicki Wizniuk. If you have not been to her blog make sure you visit (when you have plenty of time, because you will be there for hours!)

I love black and white together with just a pop of color. I opted for purple in this card because it was for my aunt, and she loves purple (Orchid Bouquet to be exact...one of CTMH's retired colors).
No patterned paper on this baby...all stamps and cardstock! I used the Damask Tiles for the background, and the cake & sentiment are from the Piece of Cake stamp set (must-have birthday set, in my opinion). Unfortunately Damask Tiles is retired, but you can still get a great damask stamp set in the Wings Workshop on the Go Kit.

I wanted to leave the cake fairly plain, but in order to tie in the Orchid Bouquet a little, I colored the candles and the ruffle on the cake stand by dipping my blending pen into Orchid Bouquet ink.

No comments: