Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Little Boy Projects

Guess what? I'm on the Design Team again over at Practical Scrappers! Woo hoo! I was on their design team last year, and now I'm back! If you haven't been over there in a while, the format has changed. Instead of a straight challenge blog, it's now magazine-style...so check out the current calls and submit your work!

Today's feature is Little Boy Projects. I submitted my What's in a Frame art for the little baby boys I've made them for. You may have seen these on my blog before...but I wanted to bump them so you lovely new readers wouldn't need to dig for details :)
This first one was for my nephew, Connor, who just turned 1. I visited my family in San Diego for his birthday, and just a couple days after I left he started walking all over the place! I miss him and my niece (almost 3) and the rest of my family like crazy!

Here are couple more views...

To make the letters, I cut them from double-stick sheets on my Cricut. This one I covered in flocking powder from Martha Stewart Crafts. (I usually cover little girls' names in glitter!)

This next one uses the same frame...I find it to be pretty masculine (from Michael's). Instead of double-sided sticky pages I stamped Finley's name, then I covered in Liquid Glass (LOVE this stuff!) to give it a shiny, 3D look.
Love this little owl. I cut him out of one of the papers in the stack, then popped him out with 3D foam squares and added Liquid Glass to his eyes.

To see all the my {What's in a Frame} decor, including lots of little girl frames, go HERE! I also have more detailed instructions on how to make your own name frame on THIS post.

To purchase one of my frames, visit my Etsy shop. I {heart} custom orders :)

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies

Connor's Frame: DCWV Animal Crackers, CTMH Life's a Jungle stamp set, CTMH ink pads in Clover Meadow and Chocolate, colored pencils, SU Double-sided sticky pages, Martha Stewart Flocking powder (Chestnut), Dimensional Elements Buttons (on super cheap CLEARANCE right now!), hemp, misc. chocolate embellishments

Finley's Frame: DCWV The Green Stack, CTMH Charm Uppercase stamp set, Liquid Glass, Topiary brads, misc buttons & embellishments from stash

3 comments:

just jayma said...

I'm your newest follower! So awesome to meet another Jayma!!

Jaime Benavides said...

Love your blog. I'd like to give you the Stylish Blogger Award - please visit my blog for details.
http://scrapcrazydiva.blogspot.com

Alysa said...

How cute! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Can't wait to check out more of yours!